Friday, September 12, 2008





#1 Explain ThisTitle: Bitty Betty
Kindergartners:
The image above is a picture of my favorite character Betty Boop. Betty Boop is a very old character. Her hair and the way she dresses has never changed. Betty Boop was out when I was your ages. I like Betty Boop becuase she is cute and remindes me a lot of myself. I think if Betty Boop were real she would be very popular and outgoing. I also think she would shop just as much as I do. Betty Boop and I would be best friends, too bad she's just a cartoon.
Republicans:If Betty Boop were real she would be the best president. I think Betty Boop would be a little on the bossy side but that's what we need, a boss. I think Betty Boop would do plenty of justice for our Country, especially on the fashion side. Women wouldn't walk around looking like wet dogs and men would take showers. We need someone like Betty Boop to be president. She would make sure our troops go to war looking like they are getting ready for a magazine spread. Betty Boop would also help the poor. Instead of them looking like bums, she would groom them and clothe them so they can look good like everybody else.

2 comments:

cjokinen77 said...

I think you did a good job explaining this picture to the kindergartners. You talked in simple enough language that they could understand. I think kindergartners could relate to the part of your writing when you said this, "Betty Boop and I would be best friends, too bad she's just a cartoon." Any little kid could relate to that, because little kids hope all the time they could be friends with fictional characters. I think it is funny how you tried to convince Republicans that Betty Boop would be a good president. Although the idea was cute, I think that if an actual hardcore Republican read that, they would not agree with it and it would not be appealing to them because they probably don't care what the country looks like, they would care more about healthcare and education. So the only thing you could work on is directing your writing more to the audience that you chose.

smiley said...

I really enjoyed reading your description of Betty Boop to kindergartners. I think that if they were actually hearing you say that desciption they would be engaged the whole time. I especially liked the last sentence of the kindergartner one because it gave a good visual. One thing I think that you could work on is word choice because I'm not sure if kindergartners would know what outgoing means. I also found your description to republicans sort of confusing. If you're talking to republicans I don't think fashion would really appeal to them. Overall, I thought you did a nice job, but I think you should consider changing your description to republicans so that it fits better for that audience.